- Issue Time
- Aug 18,2021
Withdrawing the refrigerant is to discharge the refrigerant in the system and pour it into a spare cylinder. This article will specifically introduce the specific operation of pumping out the refrigerant.
If every component of the refrigerator is to be disassembled for inspection, or the high-pressure part fails, the refrigerant cannot be stored in the refrigeration system. At this time, the refrigerant must be pumped out.
Withdrawing the refrigerant is to discharge the refrigerant in the system and inject it into the spare steel cylinder, but the storage volume of the spare steel cylinder should be greater than the volume of the refrigerant liquid in the refrigeration system. In addition, the spare bottle should be dry and in a vacuum state. The following is the specific operation of pumping out the refrigerant.
1. Rotate the valve stem of the compressor's exhaust shut-off valve counterclockwise to close the bypass hole. Unscrew the valve plug of the bypass hole, install a T-shaped or straight connector (a high-pressure meter can be attached with a T-shaped connector), and use a section of red copper pipe (usually with a diameter of ф6×I) to connect this connector to the valve joints of the spare cylinders and tighten the buckles.
2. Rotate the valve stem of the exhaust steam stop valve clockwise to open and close. Loosen the pipe connection buckle at one end of the steel cylinder and then tighten it for a while, allowing the refrigerant vapor released from the system to discharge the air in the pipe.
3. Unscrew the cylinder valve and prepare to pour the cylinder with cold water or immerse the cylinder in cold water. Because the refrigerant hot vapor is pressed into the cylinder from the compressor, it must be forcedly cooled in order to quickly condense into a liquid. This can also reduce the condensing pressure and accelerate the extraction speed.
4. Start the compressor. In order to avoid excessive steam exhaust and damage to the valve, or hot steam too late to dissipate heat and cause the condensing pressure to be too high, the steam suction shut-off valve should be closed in advance.
5. Close the compressor's exhaust steam stop valve until it is completely closed so that the refrigerant in the system is discharged into the cylinder through the bypass hole. At this time, it is necessary to continuously pour cooling water into the cylinder to ensure timely heat dissipation. Its exhaust steam pressure should not exceed 16 kg/cm² (gauge pressure).
6. When the exhaust steam pressure drops gradually, or the exhaust pipe is not too hot by hand, you can gradually open the large suction stop valve (turn it counterclockwise).
7. After the compressor has been running continuously for some time, the pressure of the suction pressure gauge can be seen to gradually decrease. When the pointer of the pressure gauge is 0 kg/cm, (gauge pressure) or lower, the refrigerant in the system has been basically evacuated, leaving only a small amount of refrigerant vapor, which can be stopped at this time.
8. Close the cylinder valve immediately, wait a few minutes, and observe the rise of the indicated value of the suction pressure gauge. If the suction pressure rises above 0 kg/cm², reopen the cylinder valve and start the compressor to continue pumping.
This is because sometimes the system's filter is not unblocked, or the temperature in the freezer is low, resulting in a drop in the evaporation temperature, which makes it difficult for the refrigerant to flow out. If the suction pressure does not rise after stopping, it means that there is no liquid refrigerant in the system. At this point, you can turn the exhaust steam stop valve counterclockwise to close its bypass hole.
9. If there are not enough spare steel cylinders for a while, the refrigerant can be pumped into several smaller steel cylinders one after another. But it is necessary to know the allowable filling volume of each cylinder in advance. During the withdrawal process, the steel cylinder should be placed on the scale, and its filling volume should be controlled in time to avoid accidents.
If the compressor itself cannot be used due to a malfunction, or the compressor is a fully enclosed or semi-enclosed type, another open-type compressor is required to perform this work. If you want to know more about refrigerants after reading the above, you can contact us to get related solutions.
With excellent R&D technology and quality service, we have quickly become one of the leading manufacturers of refrigerants and fluoropolymers. We have an experienced production team and a strict quality inspection system, strictly in accordance with the production standards to ensure the safety of products. At the same time, we will provide thoughtful one-stop service and effective solution technology according to the actual needs of customers. If you are interested in our refrigerants, please contact us immediately!