- Issue Time
- Mar 2,2022
This article will share specific methods to identify whether it is an inferior refrigerant for your reference.
Fotech's original refrigerants are strictly checked for sample inspection, the purity testing instruments are excellent, and the quality is very guaranteed. However, some unscrupulous distributors sub-package the original refrigerant for sale. The sub-packaged refrigerant equipment is simple and cannot control the contact space between the refrigerant and the air, which may easily lead to excessive air content and excessive moisture in the refrigerant, thus damage to refrigeration equipment.
We can identify whether it is an inferior refrigerant by the following methods:
1. Whether to purchase refrigerants produced by formal manufacturers through formal channels, such as refrigerants whose price is significantly lower than the market price, should be highly vigilant.
2. If you have testing conditions, it is recommended to test the purity and acidity of the refrigerant before using it. It is not recommended to use refrigerant whose test result is significantly lower than the industry standard.
3. If you do not have the refrigerant detection conditions, it is recommended to perform a simple inspection on the refrigerant before using it. The simple inspection method can be as follows:
(1) Turn the refrigerant tank upside down and release a small amount of refrigerant onto a piece of white paper. If there are obvious impurities or liquid water on the white paper, it means that the quality of the refrigerant is not good and it is not recommended to use it;
(2)Connect the pressure gauge to test the refrigerant bottle pressure, and check whether the pressure in the bottle is within the normal range by comparing the refrigerant temperature and pressure characteristic table. If the pressure is obviously abnormal, it is not recommended to use it. And when the refrigerant is half used, the pressure in the bottle can be tested again. For a single-component refrigerant such as R22, the two measured bottle pressure values should be very close, but for low-quality refrigerants, usually mixed with a variety of components.
After the internal refrigerant is used, due to the change of the composition ratio, the bottle pressure will usually be quite different. If you encounter such a phenomenon, it is recommended to stop the refrigerant immediately, and drain the refrigerant that has been charged into the system to avoid contaminating the system.
4. During the system debugging and running phase, if the following abnormal phenomena are found:
(1) If the refrigeration capacity of the system is obviously insufficient and no other abnormality is found after inspection, attention should be paid to the refrigerant;
(2) When the filter or expansion valve of the system dryer is blocked, and the blockage is a yellow-brown wax-like or black sludge-like foreign matter, attention should be paid to the refrigerant;
(3) When the high and low pressure or temperature is abnormal during the system operation, or the system balance pressure is abnormal during the shutdown state (refer to the refrigerant temperature and pressure characteristic table), the refrigerant needs to be paid attention to. When these abnormal phenomena occur, it is recommended to extract the refrigerant from the system for purity testing to check the risk of inferior refrigerant.
During this period, it is recommended that the compressor side refrigerant be evacuated or the whole system refrigerant should be released to avoid potential poor quality refrigerant coming into contact with the compressor and damaging the compressor.
Once it is found that the unit components or compressors are faulty due to chemical contamination caused by the inferior refrigerant, then the units in the site that used the same source of refrigerant (even if the unit can work normally) will need to replace the refrigerant. Because the effects of hazardous chemicals in poor-quality refrigerants are sometimes slow, they can cause system failure over extended periods of time.
Inferior refrigerants will affect the performance and stability of the system, and will even cause damage to system components and compressors. If you want to know more about refrigerants after reading the above, please continue to pay attention to our news.
Fotech is a professional manufacturer of refrigerants and fluoropolymers. Our refrigerant gases have outstanding performance in household, industrial and commercial refrigerant systems. Our products have passed various safety certifications, and the quality of the products has also been fully controlled. At the same time, we put the needs of customers first and can provide customers with thoughtful one-stop service. If you are interested in our refrigerants, please contact us immediately!